Dragon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
While meat is the staple of nearly every hunter’s meal, the fact of the matter is that we need more than that to go with it. Lucky for us, there are great additional items like salads, dips and of course, jalapeño poppers! This recipe for Dragon Jalapeño Poppers combines vegetables (jalapeños) and more meat! Using bacon, a smoker of your choice and little smokies, these are guaranteed to be the best poppers you can make. Poppers are great for tailgating, camping or any occasion. This recipe for Dragon Jalapeño Poppers was taken from the Bradley Smoker Cookbook and came from Steve Cylka.
Jalapeño Popper Recipe
Makes 16 Poppers
- 8 Jalapeño Poppers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 16 cocktail smokies
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Slice the Jalapeños lengthwise. Using a knife, remove the seeds and insides.
- Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chili powder.
- Fill the hollowed out portion of the jalapeño pepper with the cheese mixture.
- Place a cocktail smokie on top of the cheese mixture.
- Wrap half a slice of bacon around the jalapeño pepper. Use a toothpick if the bacon falls off.
- Set your smoker to 250 degrees using wood Bisquettes of your choice.
- Smoke the poppers for 2-3 hours or until the bacon is browned.
If you like this recipe, you’re bound to like this wild turkey jerky recipe.
If you like to cook wild game, then check out the Bradley Smoker Cookbook for all of your wild game tastes.